1 T. Olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lb. ground hamburger
2 (16 oz.) packages frozen cheese potato pierogies
1 (14 oz.) jar pasta sauce
1 (16 oz.) jar four cheese Alfredo sauce
1/3 C. grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Brown hamburger and add onion and garlic.
3. Put meat mixture on the bottom of the baking dish and lay pierogies on top. Pour red sauce over the top and then spoon Alfredo sauce over the top. Do not mix.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes, then uncover, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake 10-15 minutes longer.
*You could add cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese, if desired.
2 3/4 C. all-purpose flour
1/4 C. sugar
3/4 t. salt
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. ground nutmeg
1/2 C. butter, cut into pats or small cubes
1 C. Cinnamon flavored chips
1 Lg. egg
1 t. vanilla extract
3/4 C. cold eggnog
1 T. eggnog
2 T. white sugar
1. In a lg. mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
2. Work in the butter just until the mix is unevenly crumbly.
3. Stir in the cinnamon chips.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla and eggnog.
5. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until all is moistened and holds together.
6. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface.
7. Divide the dough in half. Roll and pat each half into a circle.
8. Using a knife that has been run until cold water, slice each circle into 8 wedges. Alternately, use a 2 1/4″ round cutter.
9. Put wedges on a lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet, keeping them at least 1/2 inches apart.
10. Brush the scones with eggnog and sprinkle sugar on top.
11.For best texture and highest rise, place scones in the freezer for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
12. Bake scones for 17-20 minutes.
1 pkg. Zatarain’s Spanish Rice
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 lb. ground chicken
1/2 med. onion, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lg. can green enchilada sauce
1 1/4 C. shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
10 flour tortillas
Prepare the rice mix according to directions.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
Brown the chicken, onion & garlic together. Cook and stir until chicken is completely cooked. Mix the prepared rice mix, half of the enchilada sauce, chicken and half of the cheddar cheese. Spoon mixture into the tortillas and wrap them. Arrange in the prepared dish. Cover with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
Bake 15 minutes or until sauce is bubbly & cheese is melted.
*You can add a can of green chilies, or substitute spicy tomatoes to increase the heat. Current recipe is mild.
1 1/2 C. rolled oats
1 C. flaked coconut
2-3 T. flaxseed meal
1/2 t. salt
3/4 C. chopped pecans
1/2 C. dried blueberries
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 C. coconut oil, warm enough to be liquid
1 T. agave nectar
1-2 T. blueberry pancake syrup
1 t. vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine oats, coconut, flaxmeal, salt, pecans and blueberries. Stir in bananas, oil, agave, syrup and vanilla until well combined.
Press mixture into a round cookie cutter (3″) and place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray Repeat with remaining mixture.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden. Cool on pan.
Yield: about 12 cookies
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 C. green salsa
1 T. fresh lime juice
1/2 t. ground cumin
1 t. chili powder
1/2 t. onion powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 T. sliced green onions
2 C. shredded cooked chicken
1 C. shredded Mexican flavored cheese
small flour or corn tortillas
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, salsa, lime juice, ground cumin, chili powder, onion powder and garlic. Once combined, stir in green onions. Add the chicken and cheese; mix thoroughly.
Warm tortillas in the microwave to soften them so they roll easily.
Spoon 2-3 T. of the chicken mixture onto the lower third of a tortilla. Roll tortilla tightly.
Place rolled tortilla seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat until mixture is gone. Make sure the taquitos are not touching each other. Spray tops with cooking spray and sprinkle kosher salt on top.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and golden.
Serve with salsa, sour cream or guacamole.
To Freeze: Before baking, flash freeze the taquitos in a single layer on a baking sheet then place in a freezer bag and store up to 3 months. To bake a frozen taquito (no need to thaw first), Preheat oven to 425 degrees and b bake for 20 minutes.