1/2 C. boiling water
1/2 C. whole bran cereal
1/4 C. shortening
3/4 C. white sugar
1 C. buttermilk
1 1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1 C. whole bran cereal
- In a large bowl, adding boiling water to the first 1/2 cup of bran cereal, cool.
- Cream shortening or margarine, sugar, eggs and buttermilk together. Add to bran mixture. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the cup of bran cereal. Stir only until moistened.
- Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for 20-25 minutes
-Batter can be stored in your refrigerator, unbaked for 6 weeks
2 T. white sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon (these two will make up the mix for dusting the pan and topping the loaf)
1/4 C. and 2 T. butter
(or 1/4 C. applesauce and 2 T. butter)
1/2 C. white sugar
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
(8 oz.) of sour cream
1 t. vanilla extract
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. salt
1 1/2 t. baking soda
2 1/4 C. all-purpose flour
1/2 C. chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan and dust lightly with cinnamon & sugar mix
- In a large bowl, cream butter & sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, Vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda, and flour. Stir in cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda, and flour. Stir in nuts. Pour into pan. Top with more cinnamon & sugar.
- Bake 1 hour and check, it may need to cook longer (1 hr. 15 min. or so). Check with toothpick.
1 C. Miracle Whip Lite
1 C. sugar
2 large ripe bananas, well mashed
2 C. flour
2 t. baking soda
1/2 C. mini chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 Degrees
- Mix dressing and sugar. Add bananas, combined flour and baking soda and chips.
- Spoon batter into greased of paper lined muffin pan, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake 18-22 minutes
- Makes 18
1/2 stalk celery, chopped
1/4 cup sweet relish
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1/2 cup mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but firm, about 15 minutes; drain and chop.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to boil: cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from Hot water: peel and chop
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, sweet relish, garlic, mustard, mayonnaise and salt and pepper. Gently mix together and serve warm
3 pounds unpeeled red potatoes
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1/2 teaspoon salt
1.4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup sliced celery
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add red potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, and chop into 1 inch cubes. Place in a medium bowl.
- Place eggs into a medium saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil, and immediately remove from heat. Cover, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and dice
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, distilled white vinegar, green onions, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the potatoes, and mix together with the eggs and celery. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator approximately 2 hours before serving.