2 T. vegetable oil
2 lbs. stew meat, cubed
salt and Pepper
1 large onion, chopped
1 T. minced garlic
1 T. chili powder
1 t. cumin
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes, with juice
3 1/2 C. beef stock or broth
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 C. whole-kernel corn
2 T. cornmeal
1 (6-8 oz.) can refrigerated biscuits
1. With the cooker’s lid off, heat oil on high until sizzling.
2. Season stew meat with a generous amount of salt and pepper, place in the cooker, and saute until lightly browned.
3. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, tomatoes, and beef stock. Securely lock the pressure cooker’s lid and set for 20 minutes on High.
4. Perform a quick release to release the cooker’s pressure. With the cooker’s lid off, set to high. Stir in black beans and corn and bring to a simmer.
5. Stir in cornmeal, and simmer 2 minutes to thicken(stir constantly). Separate refrigerated biscuits and quarter them. Drop them into the stew and let simmer 10-15 minutes before serving.
From Great Food Fast
1 C. sour cream
1/4 C. sugar
2 T. seasoned vinegar
3 t. dried dill weed
1 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
4 large cucumbers, thinly sliced
onion to taste
In a mixing bowl, whisk together sour cream, sugar, vinegar, dill, salt and pepper. In a separate large bowl, toss together cucumbers and onions. Pour sour cream mixture over the top and mix together. Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
From Genius Kitchen
2 C. cooked, diced chicken
4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
1 T. chopped chives
2 T. milk
salt and pepper to taste
2 packages Crescent rolls
4 T. melted butter
Combine chicken, cream cheese, chives, milk, and salt and pepper. Mix very well and freeze.
Unroll 2 packages of crescent rolls and press each pair into a rectangle. Place 2 heaping tablespoons of chicken mixture into the center of each rectangle. Fold dough over and seal edges tightly.
Optional: Roll each packet in melted butter and then in crouton crumbs.
Place on a baking sheet and bake at 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
They can be served hot or cold.
Meat mixture freezes well.
Makes 8 packets.
1/2 C. butter, softened
1 C. sugar
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1 C. blackberry jam (or other fruit jam)
2 eggs, well beaten
2 C. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 C. chopped pecans
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add mashed bananas, jam, and eggs and blend well.
2. In a separate bowl, sift flour and baking soda together. Add to wet ingredients. When well mixed, stir in nuts.
3. Grease and flour a 9×5 pan or spray with cooking oil and fill.
4. Bake at 350 for approximate 1 hour.
5. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Then remove loaf and continue cooling on wire rack.