2 3/4 C. all-purpose flour
1/4 C. sugar
3/4 t. salt
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. ground nutmeg
1/2 C. butter, cut into pats or small cubes
1 C. Cinnamon flavored chips
1 Lg. egg
1 t. vanilla extract
3/4 C. cold eggnog
1 T. eggnog
2 T. white sugar
1. In a lg. mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
2. Work in the butter just until the mix is unevenly crumbly.
3. Stir in the cinnamon chips.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, vanilla and eggnog.
5. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until all is moistened and holds together.
6. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface.
7. Divide the dough in half. Roll and pat each half into a circle.
8. Using a knife that has been run until cold water, slice each circle into 8 wedges. Alternately, use a 2 1/4″ round cutter.
9. Put wedges on a lightly greased or parchment lined baking sheet, keeping them at least 1/2 inches apart.
10. Brush the scones with eggnog and sprinkle sugar on top.
11.For best texture and highest rise, place scones in the freezer for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
12. Bake scones for 17-20 minutes.