1 C. butter, softened
1 C. sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
1/2 t. almond extract
2 t. baking powder
3 C. flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In the bowl of your mixer cream butter and sugar until smooth.
3. Beat in extracts and egg.
4. In a separate bowl, combine baking powder with flour and add a little at a time to wet ingredients. The dough will be very stiff. If it becomes too stiff for your mixer turn out the dough onto a countertop surface. Wet your hands and finish off kneading the dough by hand.
5. Do not chill dough! Divide into workable batches, roll out onto a floured surface and cut. You want these cookies to be on the thicker side (closer to 1/4 inch).
6. Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.